- Greystone Singers & The U of S Jazz Ensemble Friday January 20, 2017 - 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Dekker Centre for the Performing Arts
Currently conducted by Jennifer Lang, the Greystone Singers is a mixed-voice choir open by audition to all University of Saskatchewan students, who love singing and enjoy learning a challenging and varied repertoire. Rehearsing twice a week, the music ranges from traditional and classical to sacred and secular, including folk songs and spirituals in a variety of languages and styles. Greystone Singers records and performs regularly. Since 1958, when the choir was first organized, nearly two thousand young men and women have sung with this award-winning ensemble. Touring every few years to places such as China and Europe, the Greystone Singers upholds a tradition of excellence throughout the world. In 2013, under the leadership of retired conductor Gerald Langner, the choir was awarded first prize in the Mixed-Voice Collegiate Choirs category of the biennial ChoralCanada-CBC National Choral Competition for Amateur Choirs. For tickets and information visit www.dekkercentre.com.
- Robbie Burns Ceilidh Saturday January 21, 2017 - Doors open at 5pm, event runs until midnight, Alex Dillabough Centre
Come join the Battleford Highland Dance Association as we raise
a glass to one of Scotland's most celebrated citizens, Robbie Burns. The event features the talented dancing of BDHA students, a delicious meal catered by Second to None, a silent auction, and a DJ and dance. Plus, don't miss the opportunity to try authentic haggis! (But other gourmet food is on offer for those looking for a tamer menu). Tickets are just $25 and help support Highland Dance here in the Battlefords. For more information please visit find Battleford Highland Dance Association on Facebook, or call (306) 408-7126.
- Battlefords North Stars Home Game - hockey Tuesday January 24, 2017 - 7:30 pm, Civic Centre
Take in some exciting hockey and support our local hometown heroes, as they take on the La Ronge Ice Wolves. For more information visit www.northstars.ca.
- Open Mic Night at The Downstairs Wednesday January 25, 2017 - Begins at 7:00 pm, Porta Bella Restaurant
Every Wednesday. Open Mic Night is back at The Downstairs located in the Porta Bella Restaurant. Music starts at 7:00 pm, all wine is half priced and it is wing night. For info call (306) 937-3785.
- Battlefords North Stars Home Game - hockey Saturday January 28, 2017 - 7:30 pm, Civic Centre
Take in some exciting hockey and support our local hometown heroes, as they take on the Melville Millionaires. For more information visit www.northstars.ca.
- Das Festmahl Deutsch (German Supper) Saturday January 28, 2017 - 6:00 pm, St. George's Parish Hall
Adults $15.00, children 6 -12 $10.00, children 5 and under are free. For more information please call Gwen (306) 441-1252 or Jan at (306) 937-7639.