Battleford Historic Tour

img

The Original 1911 CNR Railway Station
Learn more More

Presently Pennydale Junction Restaurant. The Pennydale Junction Restaurant was once a Canadian National Railway Depot. Built in 1911, the building was sold to Battleford in 1973, and in 1975 it was moved to its present location. In 1981 the ...

img

Town Hall/Opera House
Learn more More

The Town Hall is a three storey brick building with a metal roof and crown jewel design replica windows (in reference to the British Royal Family), built in 1912.  The Basement Floor now used for office storage once housed RCMP jail cells, the ...

img

Land Titles (Registry) Office
Learn more More

Located 1.5 miles south of Battleford on Old Highway No. 4 is the first known and oldest standing brick building built in the Province. Constructed in 1877, it served as the Land Titles Office, housing all land deeds in the area when Battleford was ...

img

Queens Hotel
Learn more More

The oldest operating Hotel in the province. Considered to be one of the two oldest hotels in the Province The Queen's Hotel is a Second Empire Revival-style building, of log construction built in 1883. Originally a two storey boarding house it was ...

img

Court House/Land Titles Building
Learn more More

Built in 1907 as part of the compensation package provided when the CN Railway was built north of the North Saskatchewan River. It is the oldest existing Court House in Saskatchewan, and to this day functions as a Provincial Queen's Bench ...

img

Battleford Post Office
Learn more More

The oldest operating Post Office in the Province. Constructed of Georgian style, red-brick in 1911, the sight of this four storey building will take you back to the beginning of the twentieth century. The Battleford Post Office is the oldest ...

img

Windsor Hotel
Learn more More

After the closure of the Albion Hotel (which became a convent for the Sisters of the Assumption) the "King George Hotel" was built in 1910. In time it became the New Windsor Hotel, then adopted the current name of the Windsor Hotel.

img

The Original Presbyterian Gardiner Church
Learn more More

Built in 1886 the old Gardiner Presbyterian Church was the first brick church (gothic style) built in Western Canada. 1886-1922: Presbyterian Church. 1922-1933: Served as a meeting place for several organizations. 1937-1959: Royal Canadian Legion ...

img

The Merchants Bank of Canada
Learn more More

A heritage building, in which since 1981 has resided the Battleford Library. Built in 1912, it was originally a Merchant's Bank of Canada, but through the years of 1920 - 1977 it went through many changes as a Law Office, Real Estate Office, ...

img

St. Vital RC Church
Learn more More

The original St. Vital RC Church was the first Catholic Church and the oldest parish in the Prince Albert Diocese. Built in 1883 of logs, it has stood the test of time, and also serves as the grave of the First Catholic Parish priest, buried under ...