- Time for Tots Wednesday April 3, 2019 to Wednesday April 24, 2019 - 10:45am-11:15am, North Battleford Public Library
For ages 18 months to 3 years and their parents or caregivers. Come and enjoy 30 minutes of simple stories, rhymes and finger plays.
- Tales and More Friday April 5, 2019 to Friday April 26, 2019 - 10:45am-11:30am, North Battleford Public Library
Enjoy thematic storytimes inspired by STREAM (Science, Technology, Reading, Engineering, Art, Math) activities. Ages 4-8.
- Easter Egg Hunt Monday April 22, 2019 - 12:30pm, North Battleford Public Library
The North Battleford Library is holding another annual Easter Egg Hunt, this time on Easter Monday! Come and look for eggs all around the children’s department and win prizes! Begins at 12:30pm. All ages welcome.
- Afternoon Movie: Danny Monday April 22, 2019 - 2:00pm, North Battleford Public Library
Join us for a family-friendly afternoon movie! We’ll be screening Danny.
This is the story of a summer and a twelve-year old girl’s discovery that if it were strong enough, her love for a pony could make the impossible happen.
- Spring Book Sale Monday April 22, 2019 to Saturday May 4, 2019 , North Battleford Public Library
The North Battleford Library is holding a spring book sale from April 22nd to May 4th! Come find old favourites and new treasures. Tables restocked daily. Come check it out in the lobby of the library!
- Afternoon Movie: This Beautiful Fantastic Tuesday April 23, 2019 - 2:00pm, North Battleford Public Library
Come to the library for a fun afternoon movie at 2pm! Ages 7+. We’ll be showing the movie This Beautiful Fantastic.
A contemporary fairy tale revolving around the unlikely friendship between a reclusive young woman with dreams of being a children’s book author and a cantankerous widower, set against the backdrop of a beautiful garden in the heart of London.
- Afternoon Movie: Khumba Wednesday April 24, 2019 - 2:00pm, North Battleford Public Library
Join us for a fun afternoon movie at the library! Begins at 2pm. We will be playing Khumba.
An epic adventure about a one-of-a-kind zebra named Khumba who is born with only half his stripes. After being rejected by his superstitious herd, Khumba embarks on a daring quest to find a legendary waterhole rumored to grant zebras their missing stripes. But when he discovers a villainous leopard on his trail, he must find the courage and self-acceptance to save all the animals of the Great Karoo.
- Makerspace Play Date Thursday April 25, 2019 - 4:00pm-5:00pm, North Battleford Public Library
Think & play with STEM and STEAM activities; build robots, create video games, explore circuits and more! All materials provided. Ages 5-12.
- Afternoon Movie: Frog Dreaming Thursday April 25, 2019 - 2:00pm, North Battleford Public Library
Ages 8+ are invited to watch Frog Dreaming at 2pm to welcome spring.
Orphaned 14 year-old Cody is a typical boy with an adventurous spirit and imagination to match. Living with his guardian Gaza in an outback Australian township, Cody learns of an ancient Aboriginal myth known as ‘Donkegin’, sparking an interest that will not let him rest. Convinced there is an underwater monster in a nearby dam, Cody and his close friend Wendy embark on a journey that will take them into the very shadow-land of mystery and intrigue.
- North Battleford Kinsmen Indoor Rodeo Friday April 26, 2019 to Sunday April 28, 2019 , Civic Centre
This is a CCA sanctioned rodeo. All 7 major events, plus Junior events. A social follows in the upper auditorium following each performance. Tickets for the perf. are available at the door.
- Afternoon Movie: Albert, Up, Up, and Away! Friday April 26, 2019 - 2:00pm, North Battleford Public Library
All ages are welcome to the library to view a fun, family-friendly movie at 2pm. We’ll be watching Albert, Up, Up, and Away!
Inspired by the beloved children’s book, Albert by Ole Lund Kirkegaard, this lively, animated tale whisks you on a journey that has to be seen to be believed!
- Family Art Workshop with Holly Hildebrand Saturday April 27, 2019 - 1:00pm-4:00pm, North Battleford Public Library
Let's invent some great new plants and invite some colour fun into our homes! Bring your whole family (ages 5+) to the library for a fun, spring-themed art workshop with Holly Hildebrand! 1-4pm. Families must register by calling the library at 306-445-3206.
- Sharon, Bram & Friends - Concert Sunday April 28, 2019 - 2:00 p.m., Dekker Centre for the Performing Arts
Since 1978, Sharon Hampson and Bram Morrison have been pre-eminent in all aspects of family entertainment across North America as members of the trio “Sharon, Lois & Bram”. Together, the threesome produced over twenty recordings, beginning with their iconic 'One Elephant, Deux Elephants', three song-books, six national TV specials, sixty-five episodes of The Elephant Show, and fifty-two of Skinnamarink TV. Tickets available at www.dekkercentre.com
- Canadian Blood Services Donor Event Monday April 29, 2019 - 2:00pm - 7:00pm, Don Ross Centre
Canadian Blood Services will be hosting a donor event, book online at www.blood.ca
- Adult Book Club Monday April 29, 2019 - 7:00pm, North Battleford Public Library
Join us for a fun discussion of Wonder by R.J. Palacio. Begins at 7pm. Refreshments provided. Copies of the book available at the library.
- Teen Book Club Wednesday May 1, 2019 - 4:00pm-5:00pm, North Battleford Public Library
Our teen book club will be discussing Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor on Wednesday, May 1st at 4pm. Snacks will be provided. Copies of the book available at the library. Hope to see you there!
- Time for Tots Wednesday May 1, 2019 to Wednesday May 29, 2019 - 10:45-11:15, North Battleford Public Library
Every Wednesday in May. For ages 18 months to 3 years and their parents or caregivers. Come and enjoy 30 minutes of simple stories, rhymes and finger plays.
- Tales and More Friday May 3, 2019 to Friday May 31, 2019 - 10:45-11:30am, North Battleford Public Library
Every Friday in May, enjoy thematic storytimes inspired by STREAM (Science, Technology, Reading, Engineering, Art, Math) activities. Ages 4-8.
- The Comic Strippers Improv Comedy Show Saturday May 4, 2019 - 7:30pm, Dekker Centre for the Performing Arts
A MALE STRIPPER PARODY & IMPROV COMEDY SHOW. A show for all genders 19+ only. A fictitious male stripper troupe, played by a cast of some of Canada’s best improvisational comedians, performs a sexylarious improv comedy show. These guys try to be sexy… it just comes out funny. Come and join the explosion of ridiculousness that was the smash hit of the Adelaide Fringe in Australia and has recently been selling out theaters all over Canada and the US. Winner of 'BEST LIVE PRODUCTION' at The Canadian Comedy
Awards 2016. WARNING! No extreme nudity, just extreme hilarity. For tickets visit www.dekkercentre.com, or by telephone at 306-445-7700
- Trivia Tuesday Tuesday May 7, 2019 - 6:30pm, North Battleford Public Library
Come to the library for a fun night of trivia! Teams of 2-4 must register beforehand by calling the library at 306-445-3206. Begins at 6:30pm.
- Tie-Dye Fun Wednesday May 8, 2019 - 7pm, North Battleford Public Library
Come to the library on May 8th for an evening of tie-dye fun! Bring a white t-shirt, cloth bag, or pair of tube socks and unleash your creativity. Please pre-register by calling the library at 306-445-3206, as spots are limited. Begins at 7pm.
- Diane Lines - Concert Thursday May 9, 2019 - 8:00 p.m., Dekker Centre for the Performing Arts
Diane was the pianist/accompanist for Grammy winner Michael Bublé and has also performed with a variety of artists including: Gabriel Mark Hasselbach, Marian McPartland, Beverley Elliott, Dee Daniels, Jim Byrnes, Blues Boss Kenny Wayne, Gospel great John Boutte, Alfie Zappacosta, Bria Skonberg, Linda Tillery, Amanda Wood and Shari Ulrich. Diane was the principal pianist and vocalist with the Dal Richards Orchestra from 2002 to the present. She performed throughout the United States as keyboardist and vocalist with Mac Frampton’s Hollywood Hills Orchestra.
- North Battleford Fan Fest Saturday May 11, 2019 - 11:30am-5:30pm, North Battleford Public Library
The North Battleford Library is hosting a comic convention! It's called Fan Fest and we're very excited about it! The library opens at 10:30am, but Fan Fest starts at 11:30am. There will be swag bags for the first 75 people in the door! The day will include vendors, an escape room, panel discussions, a Smash Bros tournament, and a costume contest.
Registration for the costume contest and escape room is required by calling the library at 306-445-3206. Registration for the costume contest will also be possible at the circulation desk the day of until 3:30pm.
Tell your friends! Tell your neighbours! This is the first one of its kind in North Battleford and we hope to see you there! Questions? Call us at 306-445-3206 or visit our website: https://www.northbattlefordlibrary.com/?tribe_events=fan-fest
- Wiffle Weekend Saturday May 11, 2019 to Sunday May 12, 2019 - 9am - 7pm, Battleford Arena
Join us at the Battleford Arena to have a wiffin' good time before the ball season starts! No experience necessary and all ages are welcome to participate! Concession and raffles on site, along with a licensed beverage area, participant draws, and a live DJ crew during play! Sunday features a pancake breakfast to celebrate Mother's Day from 9am - 11am - $5/plate or $20/family. Pre-register at battlefords.bigbrothersbigsisters.ca
- Musical Monday Monday May 13, 2019 - 10:30-11:30am, North Battleford Public Library
Bring your toddlers and preschoolers to the auditorium for some fun music and movement! Note: The main library is closed during this time. We are only open for this event.
- Origami Night Tuesday May 14, 2019 - 6:30-7:30pm, North Battleford Public Library
Come to the library for a fun evening of origami! No experience necessary. No registration required. Paper and instruction provided. Begins at 6:30pm. Ages 13+
- Screening: Under Our Skin Wednesday May 15, 2019 - 7pm, North Battleford Public Library
Join us at the library for a special screening of the documentary Under Our Skin, which discusses the importance of the awareness of Lyme Disease and its causes and effects. Admission is by donation to the Saskatchewan Lyme Disease Association. Begins at 7pm.
- Paint Night with Rosemarie Stadnyk Thursday May 16, 2019 - 6:30pm to 9:30pm, Chapel Gallery
Paint with your friends and take home your own landscape acrylic painting on canvas. Suitable for all skill levels. Adults only. Cost: $50 + GST. Minimum of 10 participants is required. Register before Friday, May 10th. For more information or to register call 306-445-1760 or email email@example.com
This event generously sponsored by the City of North Battleford, the Saskatchewan Arts Board, and Sask Culture.
- Essay Help for Teens Thursday May 16, 2019 - 4:00-5:00pm, North Battleford Public Library
Teens are invited to bring their writing to this drop-in program at the library to get it proofread or revised. Whether it’s for school or leisure, we’re here to help. This program is in partnership with Battlefords Concern for Youth, who can provide rides to the library by calling them at 306-441-6930.
- Screening: Under Our Skin 2: Emergence Wednesday May 22, 2019 - 7pm, North Battleford Public Library
Join us at the library for an important documentary, Under Our Skin 2: Emergence, the sequel to Under Our Skin. This film discusses the cases of Lyme Disease around the world. Admission is by donation to the Saskatchewan Lyme Disease Association. Begins at 7pm.
- Spring Fling Friday May 24, 2019 - Happy Hour starts at 4:00 PM, Battleford Legion Hall
Barbecue supper/ games /prizes and socializing. Fund raiser for the Saskatchewan Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum, Battleford.
- Drawing in Perspective - With Art Instructor Kevin Quinlan AOCA Saturday May 25, 2019 to Sunday May 26, 2019 - 10:00am - 4:00pm, Chapel Gallery
Drawing three dimensional shapes and creating the illusion of depth has long been a challenge to the artist. In this workshop we will explore the techniques used in one, two and three point perspective drawing. Aerial and Atmospheric perspective techniques will be introduced as well. Through a series of drawing exercises, we will experiment with each technique. Participants will be asked to bring three of their most challenging subjects for perspective drawing.
Cost: $180 + GST Plus Materials
Location: Don Ross Centre Craft Room Door #2
Registration Deadline May 17th
A minimum of 8 participants are required.
For more information callo 306-445-1760
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The craft room is located at Door #2, 891-99th Street
Don Ross Centre, North Battleford, Sask.
This workshop generously sponsored by the City of North Battleford, the Saskatchewan Arts Board, Sask Culture, and BATC.
- Saskatchewan Blue Cross MS Walk Sunday May 26, 2019 - 1 PM
Multiple sclerosis can strike anyone at any moment, and Canadians have one of the highest rates of MS in the world. Joining MS Walk means being involved in a community that is driven to improve the lives of those affected by the disease. The funds you raise at MS Walk are invested in accelerating the pace of MS breakthroughs and empower people with MS to live their best lives.
Bring your family and friends together to share in the start/finish-line activities, team awards ceremonies and amazing stories from people living with MS! We can’t wait to celebrate with you!
- Adult Book Club Monday May 27, 2019 - 7pm, North Battleford Public Library
Join us for a discussion of The Good Earth by Pearl Buck at 7pm. Refreshments provided. Copies of the book available at the library.
- Teen Book Club Wednesday May 29, 2019 - 4:00-5:00pm, North Battleford Public Library
Our teen book club will be reading Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo for May. We’ll meet on May 29th at 4pm. Refreshments will be provided. Copies of the book are available at the library.
- Travel Talk: Limerick Wednesday May 29, 2019 - 7pm, North Battleford Public Library
Join us at the library for a travel talk by our very own assistant librarian, Candice Froess, as she discusses her brief trip to Limerick, Ireland. Begins at 7pm. Refreshments to follow.
- Taste of Culture Friday May 31, 2019 to Saturday June 1, 2019 - 11:00 a.m.- 9:00 p.m., Western Development Museum
Multicultural event which features international food, marketplace items and entertainment from different cultures. For more information call 306-446-0622